- CU8 contains the new signout.aspx page, but the code will by default continue to send users logging off to logon.aspx. The new code can be manually enabled if one chooses. Once CU9 comes out the new code will be enabled by default.
- Improved Public Folder migration experience. Improved throughput of Public Folder Batch Migration to Exchange 2013
- The maximum number of Public Folders has increased once again for on-premises deployments (Office 365 PF limits remain the same)
- Smoother migration for EAS clients to Office 365 with automatic profile redirect upon successful Hybrid migration to O365 (EAS client must support HTTP 451 redirect)
- “Contact and Calendar Modern Public Folder favorites added in Outlook are now accessible in OWA.” UPDATE: The statement about this new OWA fix/feature found in some MS CU8 materials may be inaccurate. Reports are coming in that Contact/Calendar Public folders are not made accessible after installing CU8.
New issues introduced in CU8:
- Some Android devices may not be able to create a new mail account due to the new MobileSyncRedirectBypass in AutoDiscover https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3035227
I’ll keep this post updated as I find out more about the fixes contained in CU8.
Remember, you can install Exchange 2013 from the Rollup itself, saving time.