Issue: Error “A reboot from a previous installation is pending” during readiness checks when installing Exchange 2010, Exchange 2013, Exchange Service Packs or Cumulative Updates.
Cause: Certain indicators are getting flagged as a pending installation, this could be caused by data in the PendingFileRenameOperations registry key or in some cases printers being pushed out to the server through GPO.
Solution (applicable to Exchange 2010 and Exchange 2013):
A) Reboot the server and attempt Read more [...]
Issue: The Exchange move mailbox process fails at “/Reminders” on one or more users mailboxes
Solution: cleanup and remove corrupt Outlook data preventing mailbox from Migrating
1) Connect to the problem mailbox using the MFCMAPI tool
2) 'Hard Delete' the TO-DO Search Folder, close MFCMAPI
3) Run "Outlook /cleanfinders", close Outlook (see using Outlook's clean /switches for the complete commands)
4) Run "Outlook /cleanreminders", close Outlook
5) Run "Outlook /cleanfreebusy", close Read more [...]
Issue: Outlook's To-Do Bar is no longer working after a mailbox is forced migrated (-badlimit specified) to Exchange 2010. Further, the To-Do list may display in cached mode, but will not show up with cached mode disabled.
1) Migrate mailbox BACK to Exchange 2003
2) Use MFCMAPI and hard delete (permanent/unrecoverable) "To Do Search" folder in the mailbox's Root Container
3) Run "Outlook /ResetTodoBar" (see using Outlooks clean /switches for complete command)
4) Verify TODO Read more [...]
Issue: Moving mailboxes from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 Fails:
MapiExceptionCallFailed: IExchangeFastTransferEx.TransferBuffer failed (hr=0x80004005, ec=-2147467259)
Skip the corrupted messages: Set maximum messages to skip to 5
Message/Size Limits: Removing any mailbox size or message limits from the mailbox and target database. For good measure, try removing size/message limits from source database as well.
Clean the reminders, finders, views, freebusy and reset Read more [...]