Office 365 PowerShell Prerequisite Software:
These steps are only required once, however you may need to repeat them occasionally to install newer versions of the software.
- If you are not running Windows 10, then you will need to install the 64-bit version of the Microsoft Online Services Sign-in Assistant: Microsoft Online Services Sign-in Assistant for IT Professionals RTW.
- Install the Microsoft Azure Active Directory Module for Windows PowerShell with these steps:
- Open an elevated Windows PowerShell command prompt (run Windows PowerShell as an administrator).
- Run the Install-Module MSOnline command.
- If prompted to install the NuGet provider, type Y and press ENTER.
- If prompted to install the module from PSGallery, type Y and press ENTER.
Connecting to Office 365 PowerShell:
Start menu From the desktop, click Start, and then type Azure.
In the Microsoft Azure Active Directory Module for Windows PowerShell command window, run the following commands.
$UserCredential = Get-Credential
Connect-MsolService -Credential $UserCredential